I am hoping you find this page to be a supportive resource as you are having to be all the things for your kids right how as we have taken our school year online. There are a number of resources I will be compiling for you and I will have direct links to the content from this page (meaning you can click on the resource you'd like to view and be taken directly to that resource). Each resource is intended to support you in understanding the content of the weekly SEL lessons, give you ideas for how to implement the content in the SEL lessons from the parent/caregiver perspective, and other resources that will help you support the social-emotional needs of your family while we are participating in Remote Learning and following the Shelter In Place order from Governor Polis. Please return to my home page to access my office hours and contact information. I am here to support you and the students.
Meet Mrs. Rethinger Click on the link to see a short video introducing Trisha Rethinger, Skyview's Social Emotional Learning Specialist. What does a Social-Emotional Learning Specialist do? How does she support the kids during Remote Learning? How is she supporting parents and caregivers during Remote Learning?
Social Emotional Lessons Parent Companion Videos
- Creating a Peace Place At Home: How to Help Your Child Create and Use Their Peace Place
- Understanding Emotions and the Brain
- Practicing Gratitude: Why Should We Practice Gratitude and How Can We Make it a Regular Practice in Our Home
- Supporting Your Child's Social Emotional Learning Padlet - an online bulletin board of resources, articles, and activities to support the social emotional learning and needs of your whole family.
- Go Noodle for Families - nearly every classroom at Skyview uses Go Noodle for short brain breaks that offer mindfulness, movement, and fun! Kids can use these at home for short breaks too.