From the Principal
Dear Comet Families,
Thank you for a wonderful 2018-19 school year. It has been a wonderful year of learning, growing and growth for our Comets. We are so proud of:
- Earning the Governor's Distinguished Improvement Award again this year.
- All of our students reading The One and Only Ivan together with our One Book, One Skyview. Kathrine Applegate, the author, visited our school.
- As a whole school collecting non-biodegradable materials to build an Ecobrick project and garden.
With the close of the school year comes transitions and good-byes! We would like to say congratulations to Mrs. JoDean Cohn, Mrs. Kathie Shea, Mrs. Nancy Lyneis, Mrs. Peggy Kelly and Mrs. Theresa Coon who will be retiring this school year. We are so grateful for your years of service to our students and to work alongside each of you. We wish you the very best on your next journey!
We would also like to thank Mrs. Adrienne Foubert and Ms. Shauna Rigli who will be moving to new roles in Adams 12. You have made a tremendous impact on the success of our Comets. We look forward to your continued support of our Adams 12 students!
Finally, we want to thank each of you for your support of our students throughout the year. We are also grateful for all of your kind words and treats for Teacher Appreciation Week. We look forward to seeing you at our many upcoming events and Summer Library!
Stephanie L. Auday
- 5/15 1st Grade Field Trip, Anythink Library, 9:15am
- 5/15 Kona Ice Truck, celebrating the taste of summer, 12:15-2:00pm
- 5/15 Comet Choir Performance, 6:30pm (students arrive by 6:00pm)
- 5/16 Kindergarten Doughnuts with Dad, check Skyview calendar for times
- 5/16, 5th Grade Field Trip- Thornton Water Festival, 9:00am
- 5/16, 3rd Trimester Comet Pride Assembly, 10:00am
- 5/17, Field Day (9:00-11:00am K-2nd grade, 12:00-2:25pm 3-5th grade)
- 5/17, 3rd Grade Market Day-9:30am -Cometeria
- 5/20, 4th Grade Picnic-West Park, 10:30am
- 5/22, Kindergarten Picnic-North Haven Park, 8:30am
- 5/22, 1st Grade Picnic-Woodglenn Meadows Park, 9:30am
- 5/22, 5th Grade Continuation, 6:00pm
- 5/23, 5th Grade Celebration, Cherry Drive Park, 8:00pm
- 5/23, Kindergarten Graduation, 9:00am
- 5/23, 2nd Grade Carnival, 9:30am
As you may know, our school will be receiving improvements this summer as part of the 2016 Bond Program.
Some of the improvements we are most excited about include:
A new sound system and curtain on the stage to support our many community events and celebrations!
A new kindergarten playground and blacktop activities that will make recess even more fun.
Two new water fountains with bottle fillers to support student health.
A new main entrance security vestibule and increased cameras to support safety.
Sealing of all windows and doors and a new coat of paint!
These improvements are scheduled to be completed for the start of the 2019-20 school year.
While we are excited for this work to begin, it does mean access to our building during the summer months may be restricted.
Skyview Base will be held at Riverdale Elementary this summer.
Please visit www.adams12.org/2016-bond-program/projects/skyview-elementary-school to learn more about these planned improvements.
We continue to be grateful to the community for their support of the 2016 Bond Program and making these upgrades possible and look forward to sharing them with you when we return for the 2019-20 school year.
CALLING ALL READERS! Skyview will hold it's annual Summer Library each Tuesday from 9:30-10:30am! Skyview staff will be available to meet with your child to set reading goals, select just-right- high interest books and celebrate student's success with a prize each week. Students will also be enrolled in Scholastic's Summer Reading Challenge- offering even more access to great books. This is a great opportunity to connect with your community and share the love of a great book. Hope to see you ALL there!
CONGRATULATIONS TO THE ADAMS 12 CERTIFIED EMPLOYEE OF THE YEAR, OUR KAREN SPOTTS!
Employees were nominated by colleagues and each employee group had a separate committee made up of various roles to decide on the finalists and winners. All employees of the year and finalists for each employee group will be recognized at the May 22 Board of Education meeting: 7 p.m. at 1500 E. 128th Ave, Thornton, CO 80241