From the Principal
Dear Comet Families,
It was a fun-filled month of October! Thanks so much to our Community Club for sponsoring more amazing events! Our students and families had a great time at our annual Trunk-or-Treat and Spookview Dance. A big thank you as well, to our Shadow Ridge National Junior Honor Society for supporting the evening fun. We also had a blast at Skate City!
We are already in our second quarter of school and our students are highly engaged in their grade level curriculum. Across the school, students are discovering the joys of learning:
- Kindergarten has begun their journey as "authors" with personal narratives.
- First graders attended the theater to celebrate the love of a great book, Corduroy.
- Second graders have dug in to discover why plants and animals live where they live.
- Third graders are organizing informational writing to share their expertise.
- Fourth graders are exploring and creating the Colorado Regions, thanks for the salt dough!
- Fifth graders are creating and evaluating models of the human body systems and organs.
Along with our academic standards, we will focus on teaching the trait of Embracing Diversity. We will have opportunities to reflect and appreciate ourselves and appreciating the differences among us. This attitude of embracing diversity empowers our students and staff to come together both in our classroom and in our larger community in a caring and respectful ways.
We want to thank you for the support and approval for ballot issue 5C! It will make a tremendous impact on ELEVATING the success of our students here at Skyview! For more detailed information on the outlined priorities that this investment will allow us to fulfill, please visit www.adams12.org/elevatefunding.
We hope we will get the opportunity to visit with each of you at our upcoming events. Please feel free to come in for a visit, volunteer in a classroom or send any questions that you may have at any time. As the principal, I am committed to your child's success and this begins with a strong parent partnership. I can be reached at (720)972-5621 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are thankful for this wonderful community, wishing you and your families a very Happy Thanksgiving,
Stephanie L. Auday